For the Rice:
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 veggie bouillon
- 5 cups water
For the Sauce:
- 1 cube Not-Chickn’ veggie bouillon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 block extra firm silken tofu
- (add an extra 1/2 block of silken tofu + 1 tbsp nutritional yeast + 1/2 cube more bouillon if you want the dish to be extra creamy)
For the Tofu:
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh minced sage
- salt to taste
- 2 cups portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 tbsp sage, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary, minced
- salt to taste
1) Start draining the tofu. Wrap the tofu in an absorbent towel and place a plate on top of the wrapped tofu. Place a heavy can or similar item on top of plate to weigh it down. Wait about 20 minutes before starting step two.
2) Begin cooking rice according to package directions. Add 2 cubes of vegetable bouillon to the water that you are cooking the rice in.
3) Prep your veggies and spices by washing, chopping, etc., and then place them in large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cover and cook until carrots are soft. No need to add any oil. Salt if desired, and set aside when they are finished cooking.
4) Slice your tofu about 1/2 inch thick. Mix olive oil and sage together and brush onto tofu while it is on the grill or before placing into the oven. Lightly salt and cook. Feel free to roast the tofu at 375 on a lightly greased cookie sheet for about 30 minutes, or until firm. When tofu is browned on both sides, remove from heat. Let cool and cut into bite sized pieces.
5) Make sauce by combining all “sauce” ingredients into a food processor. Blend until very smooth. Set aside.
6) Once rice is finished cooking, combine everything together with rice in the pot. Warm on low heat if needed. Serve hot.