Nothing says comfort food like a big bowl of mac, but you don’t need a lick of dairy to whip up something just as satisfying.
- 1 box macaroni of your choice (I like whole wheat or quinoa, but whatever you want will work just fine)
- 1c water or almond milk
- 3/4c cashews
- 1T tahini
- 1c green olives
- 1/2c nutritional yeast
- onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 c frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
- a few handfuls of sunflower seeds
- shredded vegan cheese of your choice (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Cook the macaroni according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, put the water/almond milk, cashews, tahini, olives, nutritional yeast, and spices into your blender or food processor. Puree until it’s smooth.
Drain the pasta and mix with the peas and carrots and sauce. Top with sunflower seeds and shredded cheese (if you’re using it). Bake for 20 minutes.