Freshly harvested corn is so sweet to taste, so use corn
that is as fresh as possible — it loses its sweetness even in one day!
What You Need
Fresh corn on the cob · 2 (Or 1 can of corn 1½ cups)
Potato · 1 (1½ cups when diced)
Leak · 1
Onion · 1/2
Vegetable stock/broth* · 300ml
Oil · 1 tbsp
Thyme (Dried) · 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf · 1
Cream (Or milk) · 80ml
Parsley (Finely chopped)
What You Do
1) Scrape the corn from the cobs with a knife. Blend half the corn till creamy.
2) Peel and dice the potato. Finely chop the leak and onion.
3) In a pot, heat the oil and sauté the leak and onion over a low heat for 15 minutes.
4) Add the vegetable broth, potato, thyme and bay leaf. Over a high heat, bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and cook for 30 minutes, till the potato is soft.
5) Add the corn — both creamed and grains. Add the cream and cook for 5 minutes.
6) Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco (optional). Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
*The vegetable stock/broth can be fresh, or use commercially available stock cubes. Dilute with hot water accordingly.