Realization of world hunger is a problem which needs to be a concern for all the people of the world. It is not a problem just for those it directly affects.
– at least ¾ of a billion people suffer from some form of malnutrition.
– about 50,000 people die each day as a result of malnutrition.
– 800 million people know what it is like to go to bed hungry.
– about 200 million children under the age of 5 are underweight.
– millions of children die each year from the diseases of poverty: parasites and infectious diseases such as whooping cough, measles, tuberculosis, and malaria, with accompanying diarrhea, which interact with poor nutrition in a vicious cycle.
One child dies of these causes every two seconds.
15 children have died in the 30 seconds it took to read these statistics.